Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sharks In My Swimming Pool

Forbidden Planet

weird creatures, we children of Eve. There are things that we like because we like them and that's it, and there are others that we like for a specific reason, however, all of which we are unaware, and these remain for many years - if not for life.
So, for example, only relatively recently I wondered what was due to my youthful passion for literature of the fantastic. E - feeling a little 'guest Marzullo - I also responded.

When I told this point scored from the cycle of Lord of the Rings by reading it twice, I was giving the fascist *. I did not understand the reason, because at that time still eluded me the sharpness of wit with which the fanatics apply arbitrary meanings to symbols that are not such, but I was very clear that in my frequent episodes in Middle-earth, Darkover, Shannara Cimmeria and was looking for something other than castor oil.

is true that Tolkien's world is characterized by the presence of several non-human races, each dwelling in an enclosed space, which would seem to praise to a certain separatism. It must however be admitted that the author presents a scenario in which the existence of dwarves, elves and talking trees and self-propelled is normal, and we must recognize that in the Fellowship of the Ring offers us a splendid example of multi-ethnic association.

As for fiction, the firing squad of scornacchiati accompanying Adam Reith ** - made so by human beings, but of very different backgrounds, each in its own way home from the oppressed - will not be multiethnic, but it is a Court Miracle in effect! Come on, Traz is a fruit that follows Reith as a dog slave , ANAC is a transvestite through and through, and Zap a sort of novice to taxation, either escape from the convent. All gathered around a different pattern: Reith same, the only exogenous.

Asimov's writings is not difficult to find the stranger, the misunderstood, the hermaphrodite ***. Even Hugh Hoyland
**** is a different between the different, and as most valuable ally a mutant that I would marry Joe-Jim, biteste reading Dumas and play chess, to which the author puts in his mouth a sentence memorable applicabilissima to most human conflicts, " Two heads on one pair of shoulders Necessarily must find ways of getting along together .
Bluette Horthy in command is a transsexual, Orain, lord of Castamir *****, is a lover of men . And the X-Men ... be, 'do not even need talk about it, really.

I've never known whether this is a constant element of fantasy and science fiction - I read too little of both genders, and I have the expertise to carry out a study on the issue - but the fact that among the eight and thirteen years, my favorite books had in common the theme of the other seems to me anything but marginal. Not to mention that, among visitors , bionic dogs, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, my sexual orientation goes virtually unnoticed.

This, among other things, also explains why the most exquisite fennel literature has never been able to turn on my interest in novels upon us, generally, speak of guilt, unhappy love, disease, discrimination and harassment. And I try to read books, not write.


******************************************** ***************

* You can give the fascist about a boy of eleven years? Sure, there are those who manage to be so in four, but if this was my case, I'd be in gripping the club, and my tender Compagnucci class. ** In the cycle
Planet of Adventure, by Jack Vance. *** In the novels
The Caves of Steel , The Naked Sun, The Robots of Dawn , Robots and Empire, in Foundation Series, the figures of Hari Seldon and Mule ; Fallom Finally, child-a Foundation and Earth. Robert A.
**** Heinlein, Orphans of the Sky . *****
Theodore Sturgeon, The Dreaming Jewels , Marion Zimmer Bradley, Hawkmistress! .

0 comments:

Post a Comment