Friday, December 17, 2010

Alabama Football Theme Party

MOTHER, THANK YOU for having made me DISABLED


This interview is now reporting (Source: Tackle boys 2006/2007) is Matteo Cavagnini a guy who has managed to become one of the first players of the Italian National Paralympic basketball.
sobering interview is on disability and is on everyday life:
" Tell us about 'your story
Hello, I'm Matthew Cavagnini are born and lived in Brescia, my dream was to become a footballer, but to 14 years, I had an accident on a motorbike (after three months I had it) and I
amputation of a limb.

How has your life changed after the accident?
After a trauma like this, the reaction is to lose sight of the goals of your life and you throw in everything that can wreak havoc. Instead, all of a shot, I met some people in the office, I have proposed, "Come and play basketball?" And I them: "Are you crazy? But I can not walk!" The typical reaction of an amputee is this .. I do not feel a disabled person, why not accept it as a disability, does not accept the wheelchair, you have no sense of disability. I told them: "Absolutely not," then instead, I discovered that maybe it was the way to still be able to feel equal in this world. I found myself there and started this great passion.
What is the sport for you?
My life is all about basketball and even at work, however my life is basketball.
From there began a lot of sacrifices, but eventually became one of the first players of Italy, considered one of the top 5 of the Paralympics I did in Athens, in short, some good goals.

What do you say to kids who can no longer play together, young people who believe in themselves so little?
This morning I was at Brescia in a technical school with boys aged 15-16 to talk about disability sports for the disabled. What I want to convey is to not give up. Anything can happen, but you must never give up.
A 16 year old disabled person we approached the basket he told his mother:
"Mom, you know that at this point you are making me grateful for disabled because they are not stupid like these two friends that I always go around? "Mom, when she told us the tears and told us:" Thanks guys, you saved the life of my son. " We told Matt, we have not done anything special, but that he has realized he can do something. But besides making efforts to educate people in schools, to involve other guys to play, there are other factors: for example, when I had the accident I got 100 million of insurance, which is now an accident like mine takes 400 € -500 thousand. In your opinion, is one with all that money to make sacrifices in the gym? Unfortunately, the argument being made is: have fun with the money, certainly not in the gym to do hard work. It's hard to convey what really do, but the sacrifice in the end, however, pays off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment